RHS Student Ambassadors
WHAT IS A STUDENT AMBASSADOR?
A Student Ambassador is a student leader who serves as a school liaison and advocate for our school. Ambassadors must have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a commitment to integrity. RHS Ambassadors are highly motivated and energetic. These students possess effective decision making skills, the ability to motivate others, and a willingness to work as a team. Student Ambassadors are interested in working with the RHS administration, faculty, students and parents to promote the mission and vision of RHS!
Student Ambassadors fall under our Conversations Towards A Brighter Future initiative at RHS which promote the four pillars of Respect, Dignity, Understanding & Forgiveness.
WHY SHOULD I BE A STUDENT AMBASSADOR?
The Student Ambassador program allows students the following opportunities:
- Earn community service hours required for graduation
- Expand your communication and leadership skills
- Opportunities to meet and serve others
- Work as part of a team with peers towards a common goal
- Opportunities to share your RHS knowledge and experience with other high school students and members of our community
- Build your resume
- Receive a certificate of appreciation and your official Student Ambassador Shirt
Student Ambassadors will participate and assist with on campus events throughout the school year which include:
- SpringBoard to Success - Freshmen Orientation [August]
- Meet the Teacher Night - Open House [September]
- Parent - Teacher Conferences [November & March]
- Assist NEW students to RHS:
- Welcome students to RHS
- Help students with their transition from the Junior High or other school to RHS
- Lead campus tours
- Serve as a “Lunch Buddy”
- Answer questions and promote the positive
In addition, Student Ambassadors are expected to uphold high academic standards and model school citizenship in the classroom and on campus. Student Ambassadors serve as a role model to the rest of the RHS Student body:
- Strive to create a positive campus atmosphere
- Establish a leadership role and presence on the RHS Campus
- Assist and support others
- Assist in the creation and development of innovative ideas in order to create a positive school culture and climate
JOIN THE TEAM: See your Guidance Counselor and/or Principal to become a Student Ambassador today!