Dear RHS Parents and Students,
Happy New Year! I hope this second semester communication finds you and your family safe and well. We are looking forward to the start of a new year as well as the start to a new semester this upcoming week. Please take time to review the following information regarding our second semester start up:
|Monday, January 4, 2021
||Teacher Institute Day: No School for Students
|Tuesday, January 5, 2021
||Remote Planning Day: No School for Students
|Wednesday, January 6, 2021
||Start of 2nd Semester for Students
All Students will be Remote (from home) January 6-8.
|Monday, January 11, 2021
||* Tentative: Beginning Monday, January 11, we will return to our Hybrid/Blended Schedule of in-person and remote learning on a weekly basis. (See details below)
|Monday, January 18, 2021
||Martin Luther King Jr. Day: No School for Students
Hybrid/Blended Schedule for the start of 2nd Semester:
- Students last names A-L will be in-person on Mondays & Thursdays and Remote (from home) on Tuesdays & Fridays
- Students last names M-Z will be in-person on Tuesdays & Fridays and Remote (from Home) on Mondays & Thursdays
- ALL students will be Remote (from home) on Wednesdays
- Students with an Individualized Education Plan or 504 Plan may attend in-person 4 days per week beginning January 11, 2021. (Revised from 1/1/21 communication)
- Reduces group size on campus and class sizes in classrooms
- Allows for improved social distancing and contact tracing when necessary
- Alleviates congestion and improves movement on campus
- Allows for cleaning and disinfecting between student cohorts on Wednesdays in addition to the daily cleaning
* We will be reviewing local and regional COVID data and safety mitigations as we approach our return to learn in-person on January 11. Stay tuned for updates regarding any potential change. As always, your patience, understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated.
Schedule and New 2nd Semester Courses:
Students should review their 2nd semester schedule located in Skyward. For assistance, please call Ms. Pointer in the main high school office at (618) 254-7553 or by emailing their Guidance Counselor for assistance:
All new course materials for second semester will be distributed in the following week beginning January 11.
Teachers will provide pickup dates and times.
Important Safety Mitigation Reminders:
As required during first semester, we will again adhere to the important safety mitigations on the high school campus:
- Parents should self-certify each child before returning to school. If your child exhibits any one symptom, they should remain at home. Please complete the required Self-Certification Google Form Survey for 3rd quarter. This will be sent to the parent Email on file. Thank you.
- All students who are in-person, will have their temperature taken upon arriving on campus.
- All in-person students are required to wear masks
- Everyone on campus will adhere to social distancing guidelines and expectations
- Teachers will clean/disinfect all student desks between class periods
Transportation & Food Service:
- Bus routes will remain the same as the first semester. Any family that has changed addresses and needs information regarding new bus routes should contact the Transportation Office at (618) 254-7572 for assistance.
- All students will continue to receive a free-Grab-N-Go meal kit each day they are in-person. Daily meal kit pickups will be available for all students at the Commons entrance as provided during 1st semester.
- Mobile Market at South Primary will continue to be available this semester. Days and times for distribution will be communicated via Skylert and on our social media outlets. For additional Food Service assistance please call (618) 254-7575.
- Any student (in-person or remote) in need of technology assistance should first complete a Help Desk ticket located on the district and high school website under the Students Menu.
- There is a “How Do I” (Tech Help) page under the Student Menu for further assistance.
- Students should contact the IT Department at (618) 254-7554 for additional help
Daily Bell Schedule:
Remote Login Time
|2020 Second Semester 2021
In-person and options for Remote Learning
||40 minute class period of synchronous instruction/learning.
Students who are in-person and students who are home learning remotely at the same time.
Remote (from home) students are to login (via Google Meet) at the start of each class. Attendance will be taken. Video/verbal authentication will be required for attendance.
Instruction may be recorded for playback for those who are remote.
|1:00 – 1:30
||Staff (Duty Free) Lunch
Grab-N-Go Option for Students
(dismissal for students)
|1:30 – 3:20
||Remote Learning Office Hours:
Tutoring and Academic Support Available for ALL Students
PD Sessions & Meetings for Faculty
Thank you again for your partnership. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance as we begin the new year.
Yours in Education,
Roxana High School